I. Basic information
1. Category: Administrative licensing
2. Processing time: 8 working days
3. Who can apply: Employers that hire foreigners
4. Mailing service: Available
5. Result: People’s Republic of China Foreigner’s Work Permit
6. Inquiry hotline: 0755-88121678
7. Supervising hotline: 0755-12345
8. Service window information:
Address: Windows 29 to 31, East Hall, Administrative Service Hall, Zone B, Civic Center, Fuzhong Road 3, Futian District, Shenzhen
Time: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m.-12 p.m., 2 p.m.-5:45 p.m. (except for public and statutory holidays)
II. Acceptance requirements
1. Basic requirements for employers
(1) The employer should be registered in accordance with the law and have no record of serious violations of law and breach of trust. Foreigners should be employed only for special vacancies where no suitable locals can be found, and employment should not violate relevant regulations. The wages paid to foreign employees should not be lower than the local minimum wage standards.
(2) If the employer operates in an industry that requires pre-approval from an industry authority before employing a foreign talent, such approval should be obtained.
2. Basic requirements for applicants
(1) The applicant should be at least 18 years old, be in good health, have no criminal record, be employed by an employer on the Chinese mainland and possess professional skills or knowledge required to take the job.
(2) The job the applicant takes should be in line with the need of China’s economic and social development, and the applicant should be a professional urgently needed in China.
(3) The applicant should follow other relevant laws and regulations for foreign workers.
3. High-end foreign talents (Category A)
High-end foreign talents are scientists, top technological talents, international entrepreneurs and special talents that are top-notch and needed by the market and whose achievements will contribute to China’s economic and social development. This category also includes talents who score enough points on the work permit points table. High-end foreign talents are free from restrictions on age, educational background and working experience. For detailed information, please see the Classification Standards for Foreigners to Work in China (Trial Version).
4. Foreign professional talents (Category B)
Foreign professional talents are those who meet the requirements in the Catalogue of Guidance for Foreigners Working in China for certain jobs, and who are needed for China’s economic and social development. Talents of this category should hold a bachelor’s degree or above, have more than two years of relevant working experience and are aged under 60. Restrictions on age, educational background and working experience can be eased for innovative and entrepreneurial talents, professional talents, outstanding foreign graduates, those who score enough points on the work permit points table or those who come to China to execute intergovernmental treaties or agreements that are urgently needed. For detailed information, please see the Classification Standards for Foreigners to Work in China (Trial Version). Other relevant regulations concerning special talents and government project staffers should also be obeyed.
5. Other foreign staff (Category C)
Other foreign staff are those who meet the needs of the domestic labor market and the requirements of relevant policies. For detailed information, please see the Classification Standards for Foreigners to Work in China (Trial Version).
6. Approval will be given to applicants
(1)Who are under the jurisdiction of the relevant authority;
(2)Who meet the above-mentioned requirements;
(3)Whose applicationmaterials are true, complete and meet relevant requirements.
7. Rejection will be given to applicants
(1)Whose application materials are not complete;
(2)Whose application materials do not meet relevant requirements;
(3)Whose application materials contain false information;
(4)Who do not meet the conditions to work in China;
(5)Who fall under other circumstances that are not suitable to be issued a Foreigner’s Work Permit.
The number of high-end foreign talents (Category A) will not be limited.
The number of foreign professional talents (Category B) will be adjusted according to the need of the market.
The number of other foreign staff (Category C) will be limited according to relevant regulations.
The exact numbers can be found on the Service System for Foreigners Working in China (http://fwp.safea.gov.cn).
8. Service charge
Free of charge
9. Application website
10. Application progress tracking
http://fwp.safea.gov.cn/ or iShenzhen APP
11. Application result tracking
http://fwp.safea.gov.cn/ or iShenzhen APP